Following the governments announcement on 23rd March 2020 and notice from our veterinary governing bodies please be advised that the current situation with regard to veterinary care is as follows –
- 24-hour emergency care continues to be available as always. Please call 01763 287744 at any time should you have concerns about your horses.
- All non-essential and routine work has to be postponed for the present time and can be undertaken when the current restrictions are lifted.
- Unfortunately, most vaccinations are not classified as essential – please contact the office to discuss your horse’s individual circumstances.
- For those horses who have to lapse on their ‘flu and tetanus vaccinations please be assured that their immunity is not immediately affected and that we will be putting in place a vaccine amnesty allowing owners to restart vaccinations without being financially inconvenienced.
- Please continue to contact us with any concerns or queries about your horse’s health – we are still here to offer support, advice and visit your horses if appropriate. Call 01763 287744 or email email@example.com
- Medications can be posted or collected from the practice. If you need to collect medications please do not just turn up – call ahead and we will advise you of our procedure for doing so safely.
- Prescriptions can be posted or emailed.
- If you have to postpone a non-essential appointment for your horse and you would like us to contact you once the current restrictions are lifted to arrange an appointment please comment below, call or email.
We are aware that these changes may be deeply frustrating but would ask you to understand that these restrictions have been placed upon us (as they have been for all other equine practice) in the interest of public health.
2020 is Tyrrells Equine Clinic's 20th Anniversary Year and we had been planning to announce celebrations shortly. Sadly, these celebrations will now have to be postponed however we remain proud to have reached this milestone with so many loyal and valued clients in tow. These are tough times for us all and we ask that you please bear with
In these uncertain times, Tyrrells Equine Clinic would like to reassure clients that our services currently continue to be available as normal. As veterinary professionals, we have an in-depth understanding of bio-security and always follow sensible protocols when visiting/treating our patients. As a result of the outbreak and following government advice, we are of course taking further responsible measures to help limit the spread of Coronavirus and to safe guard our staff and clients.
We kindly request your co-operation with following -
This is the current situation – if and when the situation develops and should we have government restrictions imposed upon us, our emergency service will still be available. We are currently working together with other local equine veterinary practices to ensure that together, regardless of the situation, the horses, ponies and donkeys in our locality will have access to veterinary care.
Charity Equine Pub Quiz
We are currently taking entires for our 2018 Charity Equine Pub Quiz. I f you would like to enter a team please contact the office on 01763 287744 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Charity Equine Pub Quiz
Thursday 24th November see the return of our Charity Equine Pub Quiz........
On Saturday 14th May 2016 we hosted a charity fun day at our clinic. We enjoyed talks on saddle fitting from Martin Wilkinson, the equine digestive system from Jaime Finch from Dengie as well as demonstrations from our vets. The event raised over £400 for EACH (East Anglia's Children's Hospices). Many thanks to all those who attended. Here are a few pictures from the fun -
April 2016 is Equine Flu Awareness Month and as part of this Tyrrells Equine are pleased to be able to offer a Back on Track Vaccination amnesty. The amnesty will allow eligible horses to receive the first 2 vaccines in a course at half price (£19.50 inc.VAT per vaccine instead of £39).
Equine influenza or 'flu is a highly infectious viral disease which affects the respiratory tract. Symptoms include dry, harsh cough, nasal discharge and muscle soreness. ‘Flu is a serious disease which can have a prolonged recovery time - in some cases recovery will take up to 6 months and it is recommended that all affected horses be given 6 weeks complete rest following an outbreak. To find out a more about vaccinating for Equine 'Flu and Tetanus see our factsheet.
For full terms and conditions please of the Back on Track Vaccination amnesty please click here. For further information or to book an appointment please contact our office on 01763 287744/ email@example.com
Throughout January 2016 we will be holding our annual collection for The Gambia Horse and Donkey Trust (GHBT). GHBT is a small charity dedicated to improving welfare of horses and donkeys in Gambia by providing education, veterinary clinics and equipment. We will be collecting pony/cob size headcollars, bits, numnahs, girths, fly masks and fluorescent items. Donations can be bought to the clinic or passed to a member of the Tyrrells team. For more information on the collection please contact the office on 01763 287744 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Equine Charity Pub Quiz
Many thanks to all of you who came and supported our charity pub quiz and made it such a success. Held on Thursday the 28th November 2015 at The Bushel and Strike in Ashwell, the evening raised over £750 for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH). Special thanks to those who kindly donated prizes including Stutley Equestrian, Contessa Riding Centre, Spillers Horse Feeds, The Equine Gift Company, Farm & Stable Supplies and The Bushel and Strike.
And finally congratulations to our winning team 'The Knackered Neddies 2'!
With the latest from our team and informative articles our newsletter are available quarterly. Sign up here ...
Our service operates on the same phone number 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Out of office hours a recording provides the number of the duty vet for you to call directly. If you need us call ...
Coombe FarmCoombe RoadKelshall, RoystonHertsSG8 9SA01763 28774401763 284062
T: 01763 287744